We are currently looking for an experienced AV Systems designer to join our expanding design team. We are actively seeking individuals who are preferably CEDIA ESC-T certified, or who have 2-3 years of experience as a AV residential systems designer.
Knektd is a CEDIA accredited company specialising in bespoke audio visual, home automation and entertainment solutions for prime and super prime residential properties in London. Our clients include private individuals, well respected building contractors, architects, interior designers, and property developers from the UK, Europe, Asia, Russia and the Middle East.
We are committed to employee development and will ensure that the candidate is
supported for any additional training or accreditation required for the role.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who has knowledge of and/ or proven skillset in the following:
1. Assess the site conditions by reviewing architectural plans and/or visiting the site to pre-empt architectural and structural complications.
2. Establish the budget requirements by setting realistic expectations of deliverables, while explaining tangible quality differences to deliver the optimum
performance/cost balance for the systems.
3. Determine internal vs. external resource requirements for the system under design for the purpose of completing cost estimation.
1. Create functional specifications by translating the results of the needs assessment into activity based scenarios that can be understood by all project stakeholders
2. Create physical specifications by translating the results of the functional
specifications into system requirements.
1. Create a proposal (bill of material, resource list, and labor products) based on the cost estimate by generating appropriate documentation to communicate the
requirements of the project.
2. Generate electronic system plans for distribution to relevant parties by preparing or modifying architectural plans to determine the location of devices and wire routes, including installation and construction notes.
3. Generate block diagram (single-line drawing) by showing basic system level
interconnection between components and sub-systems to troubleshoot and
illustrate signal flow and functionality.
4. Create cable documentation (i.e., cabling plan and schedule) by describing the
origin, destination, and type of each wire along with associated devices for
distribution to associated trades.
5. Generate point-to-point wiring diagram by describing the specific input-output, wire and connector types, and method of interconnection to document how the components will be connected.
6. Prepare test specifications to verify system performance and functionality.
7. Produce bespoke operation and maintenance manuals and bespoke project
1. Assess the impact of change orders on the overall design.
2. Monitor and document progress of the project to ensure design compliance.
Desired Key Skills and Qualities:
Salary and package will be based on level of experience. As an employee you will be given regular progress reviews, industry training and there will be opportunities to further your career to higher level within our organisation.
Full Job specification including the knowledge and skills desired for the role can be found in the supporting PDF Download.
If this sounds like you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you think you would be right for the job. Please also attach a copy of your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.